Sunday, February 13, 2011

Karma!

What is Karma? Oh yeah it is that thing where what goes around comes around. I got a first hand dose of it this morning at church. I have been busy putting together a book from my trip to Italy so I spent some time on it before church, well, before I knew it it was 10:15 and I needed to be out the door in about 10 minutes. I took a super fast shower, dried my hair, put makeup on, got dressed, brushed my teeth and ran out the door all in less than 15 minutes. I know you are all amazed. I wore a cute corduroy skirt, orange sweater and my black knee high boots. The boots really make the outfit and I love them. I love them so much that I own a pair in brown and black. I often have to do a double take to make sure I grab the color I want because they look so similar in poor lighting. Well, I get to church and look down and realize that I have my brown boots on instead of black, I know you are thinking this is not a big deal and it is not, but this is where Karma comes in. I looked more closely and realized that one in fact looked brown while the other appeared to be black. Not positive that I had really worn 2 different colored boots to church I sought confirmation from my nearest source, Hailey, my 7 year old niece who confirmed for me that she thought one was black and one brown. To be certain I checked the tags. At this point I am laughing a bit and in disbelief that I actually did this. I then began to think on those whom I have teased in the past for making such a mistake. I am truly sorry. Karma is a cruel thing at times! Well, not a single person noticed or at least none of them said anything too me, not even my seven year olds whom I teach. So there is a lesson to be learned in all this, when you have 2 boots of different colors don't leave all 4 of them laying scattered on the closet floor unless you are going to take the time to make sure you get the right colors. Well, I hope this brings a smile to your face and gets you laughing a bit. I am laughing too!

No comments: