Friday, November 1, 2013

The Houston Zoo!

I try to do something with my nieces and nephews, one on one for their birthdays each year. Many times it is a sleepover, especially with the older ones, but this year I took Candy and Brooke to the Zoo for a little late birthday celebration and quality time with Aunt Carrie. It will be obvious from the pictures that they are adorable, but the pictures will not reflect just how much.  As we walked around, the girls would randomly pose in several spots, the "picture taking spots" of past visits to the zoo.  I love the Houston Zoo and it was fun to go with the girls. Being the great Aunt that I am, I also brought bread to feed the ducks.  That is not an activity for just anyone, those birds can be brutal.  I didn't get any pictures of that as I had Candy glued to my leg and Brookie surrounded by birds. Needless to say it was a lot of fun, but considering my great love for close encounters with animals, we may not be repeating that part soon.  Geese can be a bit mean and the birds came out of the woodwork.  You will notice from the pictures that Candy is smiling with her cheese face in nearly every picture, but is not always looking at the camera.  She just went around saying cheese but not looking at me.  So cute.









No comments: